The 12 ambassadors were appointed in accordance with Presidential Decree (Keppres) No. 106 / P of 2020 concerning the Appointment of Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Indonesia, dated October 19, 2020.
Vice President Ma'ruf Amin, Minister of Foreign Affairs Retno Marsudi, Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung, and other relevant high-ranking officials attended the inauguration ceremony.
The 12 new ambassadors are:
1. Dindin Wahyudin, Indonesian ambassador to the Republic of Senegal, concurrently the Republic of Cabo Verde, the Republic of Gambia, the Republic of Guinea, the Republic of Guinea Bissau, the Republic of Mali, the Republic of Ivory Coast, and the Republic of Sierra Leone.
2. Roem Kono, Indonesian ambassador to Bosnia and Herzegovina.
3. Dewi Savitri Wahab, Indonesian ambassador to the Kingdom of Denmark and the Republic of Lithuania.
4. Nana Yuliana, Indonesian ambassador to the Republic of Cuba, concurrently the Commonwealth of the Bahamas, Jamaica, the Dominican Republic, and Haiti.
5. Heri Akhmadi, Indonesian ambassador to Japan, concurrently the Micronesia Federation.
6. Elmar Iwan Lubis, Indonesian ambassador to the Republic of Iraq.
7. Iwan Bogananta, Indonesian ambassador to the Republic of Bulgaria, concurrently the Republic of Albania and the Republic of Macedonia.
8. Jose Antonio Morato Tavares, Indonesian ambassador to the Russian Federation and Belarus.
9. Desra Percaya, Indonesian ambassador to the United Kingdom, concurrently Ireland and the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
10. Chalief Akbar Tjandraningrat, Indonesian ambassador to the People's Republic of Algeria.
11. Lutfi Rauf, Indonesian ambassador to the Arab Republic of Egypt.
12. Rachmat Budiman, Indonesian ambassador to the Kingdom of Thailand and the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP). Related news: President Jokowi accepts letters of credentials from seven ambassadors
Related news: Indonesia appoints honorary consul for S Africa